Einstein said there are two infinite things: the universe and man’s stupidity.
No one wishes for the World War 3 to happen, however as logical citizens who have read history and based on human behavior and the warnings that were written in the Holy Bible, we should at least do something to try and learn about strategies that at first might not seem factual for the moment, but might end up being useful should this generation experience World War 3.
As of this moment, the hashtag #WW3 is trending on Twitter, and many social media articles are circulating after an important official from Iran was killed by US forces under the leadership of Trump. While we don’t know for certain if this is the trigger for the World War 3, we should at least learn tricks and strategies – at least what is available to us on the internet since I for one do not belong to the military and have no prior background nor training whatsoever. The only thing I have just like many of us is the ability and willingness to read and learn.
So what exactly can we do to protect or prolong our life should World War III occur?
What to do before a nuclear blast?
A nuclear blast could take place without a lengthy warning.
Therefore if you think an attack is likely it is best to be prepared.
Experts recommend you follow the guidelines below to protect yourself, your family and your home – if you believe an attack is imminent.
- Build an Emergency Supply Kit, which includes items like non-perishable food, water, a battery-powered or hand-crank radio, extra flashlights, and batteries. You may want to prepare a kit for your workplace and a portable kit to keep in your car in case you are told to evacuate.
- Make a Family Emergency Plan. Your family may not be together when disaster strikes, so it is important to know how you will contact one another, how you will get back together and what you will do in case of an emergency.
- Find out from officials if any public buildings in your community have been designated as fallout shelters. If none has been designated, make your own list of potential shelters. These places would include basements or the windowless center area of middle floors in high-rise buildings.
What should you have in your survival kit?
A nuclear attack or military takeover can happen, or even if there will be none of these things the earth is getting pretty scary with all the natural calamities so its best to have an Emergency Kit.
Get a waterproof bag and include these items inside:
Ready to eat foods like crackers, cheese, protein bars, chocolate bars
Assorted Drink mixes especially if you have children with you
Iodine solution, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, painkillers
Gallons of cooking oil
Baking powder and baking soda and spices
Manual Can opener
Kitchen matches and disposable lighters
Sanitary napkins and diapers
Flashlights like LED and portable radios
Salt and Sugar
Paper/ Plastic utensils
Plastic hooded rain ponchos
If you happen to have the time and resources you should also stock these items should a worst-case scenario happen in the world?
Duct Tape, Game boards, Paper, and pencils, musical instruments like a guitar, liquor ( wine, beer, rum etc.), birth control, q-tips, scissors.
Precautions to take during a Nuclear Blast?
Remain alert, view official news via online, radio and TV. Once an attack warning is issued, find cover as quickly as possible. Find the nearest building made of concrete so that radioactive materials can’t get in. Better to take shelter in a multi-story building or basement. Stay indoors for at least 24 hours after a nuclear attack has occurred.
What do if your outside during a Nuclear Blast?
Never look at the flash or fireball because it can cause you to get blind. Find any cover material that can protect your skin, lie flat on the ground and cover your head. Take the nearest shelter possible to avoid the radioactive material from getting inside your body.
Once inside remove and dispose your clothes immediately. Seal it in a plastic bag and put it where others cannot reach it. If possible or when you can take a shower immediately and lather with soap and water. Avoid scratching or scrubbing your skin to avoid getting infected. Make sure to rinse your body and hair very well but do not use any condition as it can bind the radioactive material to the hair.
Remember that radiation cannot be seen, heard or smelled by humans so extra precaution and staying away from infected areas is absolutely necessary.
We don’t know for certain what is out there and not everyone is a billionaire, we can’t simply pay our way out of it. Our best armor is a prayer to Jesus Christ and a logical mind, as well as a fit mind and body to be able to remain alive at least for the longest time possible.
- Stay as fit as possible, walk and exercise whenever you can. Because truthfully that is one of the best ways to prolong your life and run as fast as you can or defend yourself when necessary.
- Have a secret room or hideout if you can manage to find a space for yourself and your family. Someone that everyone in the family would be able to locate should there be a need. Talk to your family about an escape room or place where all of you should meet should the internet and phone communication die.
- Take classes in hand to hand combat, take even the most basic life protection skills you can muster. If you can manage to learn how to wield a knife, and how to use a gun if necessary.
- Have an A-team, or build at least 5 people you are in contact with, and how you can get together and defend yourselves just in case a war erupts or even a zombie apocalypse happens.
- Learn how to start a fire, this is going to be an immense lifesaver especially when you are out in the wilderness. YOu can get a fire started if you have a deodorant stick, hand sanitizer, alcohol, petroleum jelly even snack chips, they can serve as tinder.
It is also very important to remember that money has no value when the war will erupt. Armies are going to stop the printing press and disrupt the regular flow of doing things just like what happened during the post-world War I. Your cash will become worthless, so while you can you should hoard jewelry, gold, silver, copper, oil, or even a car if you can afford it. Store some watches that have value, matches, lighters, binoculars, pair of glasses, pads, canned food, books, socks, and shoes because they are going to be very valuable during the war. These items will be very important as a way to barter for food and other things you might need.
However, if you have the money and means to do so you can also buy sovereign bonds. Consider bonds from countries you think will win the war or will be unaffected by the war. Buy bonds from other countries that you think can pay back later on.
It is very important to learn CPR and First Aid, you might need to save a person at some point. Knowing CPR is a highly valuable skill, while you still have time contact the nearest Red Cross and get trained, or watch whatever helpful video you can find on the internet on how to do it.
Should you happen to escape, and you are on a farm, or somewhere you can plant in the country- learning farming skills will really help a lot and is the best path to sustainable survival. Learn how to forage, how to plant so you can create your own food. One of the useful skills that you should also have is lock picking. You should be able to at least understand how to open doors, it might be crucial to your survival especially when locating shelters.
Read this site for more Survival Tips
Do not fear, the physical body will pass, it is the soul that matters. Despite the hardships remember to be kind.