Believe it or not, the right carpet can boost work productivity and even increase company sales. It might sound counterintuitive or a bit far fetched, but the ability to choose the right carpet for your office can work wonders.
Installation of the new carpeting is expensive, if you must do it frequently because the carpet you chose breaks down easily then this is wasting a lot of your time, effort and money.
The average cost of installing carpets in the United States is $7 to $12 per square foot, the usual installation size is 10 feet by 14-feet and the costs can amount to $900 to $2,000. This is the reason why you need to have a system when it comes to choosing your office carpet. Companies shouldn’t pick office carpets just because it fits with the décor, the material other attributes of the carpet have to be inspected so it can fit the long term needs of the office.
Questions To Ask Before Selecting a Carpet for the Office
- What is the texture and feel of the carpet, is it compatible with the office attire usually worn by office personnel and clients visiting the area?
- What is the color or pattern ideal for the office, will the color of the carpet make the office look warm or spacious looking? Does it have an inviting vibe?
- Will the carpeting material that you chose be available in a range of materials, does it have natural and synthetic options?
- Will the carpet that you choose for the office to help muffle sounds and reduce echoes?
- Is the carpet safe and will it protect workers and guests from injury in the event of a fall?
- Is the price of the carpet justifiable for the long term?
- Is the carpet of choice suitable for people with disabilities?
Choosing the Right Cushion
Do not forget to assess the unseen but essential part of the carpet selection process for your office. After picking the carpet texture and style that works best for you, make sure to select a cushion that is strong, firm and can withstand the test of time. The right cushion acts as a shock absorber that increases the comfort and durability of carpets.
The wrong carpet cushion will diminish the design and durability of the carpet. If you select the wrong one it can cause wrinkling, buckling, and separation of the carpet seams decreasing its lifespan. Some carpet manufacturers would also remove the carpet manufacturer’s warranty if a faulty cushion is paired with the carpet.
Easy to Clean and Maintain
Carpets tend to harbor allergens, mold, and dust mites, not only that it can also be difficult to clean and some carpets may stain. For this reason, you need to select a carpet that has a long lifespan and doesn’t give the staff additional stress when it comes to cleaning. Test the ability of the carpet to absorb coffee stains and other liquids that are frequently spilled in the office. The carpet must also be pet friendly and should come with stain-resistant carpet pads.
Choose a UV-Resistant Carpet Brand
If the carpets will be put in direct exposure to sunlight, it is best to get a UV-resistant brand so that the carpet won’t fade easily.
Make sure that the purpose of the carpet will match the nature of the business where it will be installed so that the purpose of installing the carpet will be met.
A good office carpet should feature protection against zippering. If one loop is pulled, subsequent loops must not follow through. Select a commercial carpet that is stitched using a zig-zag pattern, so that there is no need for it to experience a neighboring loop.
This will help ensure that your office carpet remains sturdy and decent looking for the coming years.